Peppermint oil is a must-have essential oil. It is an affordable, versatile oil everyone should have in their home. Besides its fresh and energizing scent, it is great for soothing headaches and muscles aches, alleviating seasonal allergy symptoms, boosting energy, relieving stress, and repelling insects.
Peppermint oil is also widely used for calming skin irritation and itchiness, as well as reducing redness, which makes it a great oil for treating acne. Its analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties, help in relieving pain and inflammation, but can also calm muscle spasms and cramps. Plus, its fresh scent and antiseptic properties make it great to use in DIY home cleaning products. It can even used in mouthwash to help prevent or reduce bad breath by neutralizing odors killing germs and bacteria that cause tooth decay and plaque with its antiseptic properties.
It is never advised to use peppermint oil on young children.
Peppermint oil is extracted by steam distillation of the fresh or partially dried plant.
BLENDS WELL WITH
The aroma of peppermint essential oil is considered cool, minty, fresh, and clean. It blends well with
- Juniper Berry
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca)
Peppermint oil’s main chemical components are menthol, menthone, menthyl acetate, 1,8-cineole, limonene, beta-pinene, beta-caryophyllene
Avoid using peppermint oil on children under the age of 8.
* Please remember, just because a product is called “natural” does NOT mean that it doesn’t have possible side effects. Never apply essential oils directly to your skin without a carrier oil, and never ingest any essential oil.
Essential oils are NOT a replacement for medical treatments, but they can work as a great complement to your regular health and wellness routine.DIY WITH PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
Selected Benefits of Peppermint Oil
- Improves concentration
- Increases energy and exercise performance
- Repels insects
- Relieves muscle and joint pain
- Unclogs sinuses
- Aids allergy relief
- Alleviates headaches
- Promotes hair growth
- Combats dandruff
- Relieves sunburn
- Improves skin health
- Soothes Acne
- Freshens breathe
Properties of Peppermint Oil
- AnestheticReduces Pain
- AntibacterialFights bacterial growth
- AntiviralFights viruses
- Anti-inflammatoryHelps to reduce inflammation or swelling
- InsecticidalHelps to destroy or control insect
- AntimicrobialHelps in reducing or resisting microbes
- AntispasmodicHelps relieve muscle spasms
- AntisepticHelps to control infection
- AnalgesicAids sore muscles and joint pain
- Anti-stressHelps alleviate stress
Helps stimulate the lymph system
- AntioxidantMay protect your cells against the effects of free radicals–unstable molecules that can harm your cells.
- DecongestantHelps clear sinuses